Saturday, January 14, 2012

How to add a lanyard to your Galaxy Note and a TPU case

Hey guys! I've decided to make a picture guide on how to add a lanyard to your Samsung Galaxy Note and not have to break anything, all the while keeping it secure and safe and scratch free!!


As you know the Note is a big phone! I love it :) but sometimes I feel like I'm going to drop it while one-handing it, so I decided to make this tiny tutorial. It's REALLY easy.

All you're going to need is the following:
  • A TPU case. (The two I got are located here and here off of eBay).
  • A needle.
  • Tweezers
  • A lanyard

 Take your TPU case and your needle and find a good location to hang the lanyard off of. Take into consideration how you'll hold it, if you like to hold it more with either your left or right hand... I'm more of a righty for just holding my phone, so I picked the bottom right corner. Also you can do the bottom right side (as seen on my white TPU case).
 Proceed to stab your TPU case :) Don't worry, you won't hurt it. You can just take the need towards the middle or middle bottom of the case, and push through. I found it a little hard and the needle started to stick into my finger, so I just grabbed a towel and pushed it through that way, that worked fine. You could also just put a thimble on. I currently don't have one as I just moved! So towel it was.


 After pushing the need through some what, you can take it out. The next step is to take your tweezers and grab the lanyard loop with the tweezers, and try and keep it as close as possible to the sharp end, if you've got a sharp end.
 With the sharp end of the tweezers find the tiny hole you made with the needle and stick it through. It'll take a little force, so don't worry.

 After getting it through you're going to hold onto the end of the lanyard with your finger and then let go with the tweezers and take the tweezers out. Pull the lanyard a little and you're almost done.
 Put the other side of the lanyard into the loop to make a "knot" and you're done!
 Attach the other end of the lanyard if you've got one, in this case I do.
 And put your phone back into the case after tightening the lanyard line.
 This is how it looks with the side hole, which I personally like more. But I guess it's personal preference.




And this is how it looks when I'm holding it or using it.

The TPU case is perfect for it since it's a hard rubbery silicone and doesn't rip easily. I find it really comfortable to hold now knowing that if I do drop it, or it falls there won't be an issue. I also pull it out of my jeans this way, too. I've had it like this for a week so far and there has been no additional tearing to the TPU case so I think it's a good candidate material for it.

I am not responsible if your lanyard breaks and you end up breaking your phone. This is just something I found useful for me, and it's a lot safer for me at least.

Good luck! Take care.

Kent.

11 comments:

  1. Hey man ! Wich one would you suggest me to buy ? The galaxy nexus or the note ? I LOVE the note but the only concern i find in it is that the note has touchwiz and i read that it's kind of laggy ! besides i don't like touchwiz that much ! So can i desactivate touchwiz ?

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. If you believe it or not, I was on the same boat. I was between the two. The Nexus S though is too similar to the Galaxy S II in my opinion. I own the SGSII.

    I went and played with the SG Nexus and it was OK. It's too small in my opinion, and a lot of people complained of a lot of bugs with it. The lower resolution screen, camera, smaller battery. I don't know. It seemed like a lot of money for what it was.

    I'd personally recommend the SG Note. It's a great device. Great battery life, the screen size is fantastic. Touchwiz doesn't bother me at all. I actually like it. It has a lot of functionality to it for some simple things. It will also get 4.0, so I don't see the real benefit of the SG nexus. Oh and the Note's S-Pen is fantastically useful.

    I hope I've helped. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your answer ! Tomorrow i will buy the galaxy note, as you say they are similar but i just love the note's screen !

    But is it laggy? And can i desactivate touchwiz?

    Again thanks for your answer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's laggy SOMETIMES. Not usually. It's decent. You can't compare it to the SGSII because that's a very mature device, it's been on the market for 10+ months, with its own development. But the Note has only been on the market for a few months. It's getting better and better with every build.

      You can't deactivate Touchwiz, but if you want to void your warranty you can root it, and then load a custom rom soon enough. There are many good ones from what I read. But I don't like rooting. Android is open enough for me, and I am very productive with it (compared to my old iPhone 4) and a lot more productive (except in typing) compared to my blackberries.

      Did you end up buying the Note?

      Delete
    2. Si, hace unos días que lo tengo y es un teléfono espectacular, la pantalla es buenísima y el stylus me ha sido muy útil !
      Con respecto al lag hasta ahora casi nada ! Pero seguro que mejorara todo con ICS !

      Ah, gracias a tu consejo ahora tengo un teléfono que me parece mucho mejor que el nexus ! (por cierto probé un nexus en una tienda y si, tiene algunos bugs que son molestosos)

      Delete
    3. Enhorabuena :D hehe. Me alegro un monton :) Disfruta del terminal! De vez en cuando cojo el SGS2 para hacer alguna cosilla y tal, y por el amor de dios, que cosa mas mona (tan pequeña, y la pantalla pequeña, etc) hehe.

      El SG Note es un monstruo de terminal ^^. Me encanta.

      Delete
  4. I find that I'm forever turning off the screen cos that's where I hold it. Strange place to put a turnoff switch. ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that I'm forever turning off the screen cos that's where I hold it. Strange place to put a turnoff switch. ??

    ReplyDelete