Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ringke Samsung Galaxy S II Case Review


Hello everyone. Welcome to my first review of some cases I got for my Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 Android Dualcore Smartphone!

Well, I was browsing the web the other day and I found some fantastic cases on eBay. These are by a company called Rearth, and the cases are called Ringke. (Click here for the link to the seller's store). I should also tell you that no companies pay me to review, and if they ever send me cases to review, I do it under no pressure from them. Every case will get an honest review. In this case, Rearth didn't send me anything. I bought the cases because I thought they were really nice looking :).

Background information: I never let my phone fall to the floor. Never! But that has never stopped me from having a case. I am always paranoid. I haven't had a dumb phone since I was about 18, I'm now 25 years old. That's a lot of years of having a smartphone. I also have the curse of having to buy a lot of them! What can I say, I love smartphones! Anyways, I have tried lots of cases (and I'll more than likely review more and more cases as we go along, I have an exclusive one coming up soon, too!). I don't really like Silicone cases as they tend to stick to the inside of my pockets. This case does not have that problem.

The Cases Themselves: The cases are made of "high polymer coating" makes this case a fantastic case. I especially loved the colors. They're just GORGEOUS colors. They have them in black, aqua black, maroon, white, pink, red wine, violet, orange, mango, true blue, kiwi, lime, mint, blue sky and lavender.

I personally got the kiwi, true blue and mango cases, to escape from the normal colors.

Here are some pictures of the cases. Go ahead, click on them, and you'll get a larger version of the images.



As you can see from the pictures, they're very well designed and just look fantastic.

We have a lot of attention to detail. I am very VERY surprised by how much detail is actually put into the cases. Just take a look.

If you have a SGS2, then you'll know that there is a little ridge to lift off the battery cover, the case itself reflects where it should be! That's attention to detail!



There are exact cut outs for the headphone jack, secondary noise-cancellation mic, and some room for what I imagine to be the antenna.


We also have exact cut outs for the power button,


And the volume rocker. There is also a hole for the charm mount.


The cutouts for the camera and the speakers are DEAD ON! This is fantastic. :) A lot of cheapo cases off eBay don't line up EXACTLY.



The attention to detail is a big help :). It's fantastic.

Materials and how they feel in hand: This is a strange type of case. Normally I buy and test out cases that are either hard plastic, TPU (which is my favorite), some type of hybrid case (usually of two components, a soft gripy silicone and then a hard plastic shell on the outside) or some kind of invisible shield.

This case feels like it's made of silicone, but it's a hard silicone. If I had to explain it, it feels like a type of faux-leather type material. It's like touching silicone, and then removing the material that makes it stick to the inside of your pockets. That's my biggest problem with silicone cases. I hate having to pull out my phone and having 60% of my pockets be emptied out at the same time. This case doesn't give me this issue. It's smooth, and rough while being smooth at the same time. Like I said, the closest thing I can compare it to is a type of faux leather. To the touch, it feels fantastic. It slides in and out of your pocket like a dream. :)



They're very well designed, and they look great. Sometimes my phone runs hot, and it bothers my hand. This case helps dissipate the heat to the point that I can barely feel the heat, which is just FANTASTIC!

Sizes:


As we can see, it makes it a little thicker. The picture doesn't do it justice as the case started to fold upwards. It adds VERY little bulk. It's one of the most minimalistic cases I've ever used.

Protection: I'm not sure if this case is going to protect your phone from big falls. My phones hardly ever fall, so this doesn't worry me. But I'm sure that it will protect it some if it were to fall. The case offers a silicone type material which would absorb part of the shock if it were to fall. I think it's a good compromise to be honest. The skin goes a little bit over the screen, so if you were to place it face down, the screen wouldn't touch the table. The same goes for the camera lens. I am constantly worried about scratching this babe's camera lens. The case also raises it a little so it won't touch the table either :) So it's safe.

Price: The price for this case for my SGSII was $16.99 (or just under 12 euros for each one in my case)

Kent's Rating: 4.8/5. This case is fantastic. It has a GREAT selection of colors, it is VERY well made, and it covers everything it needs to cover. It's a fantastic case. Pick them up from the seller here.

Link to the picture gallery: Click here and enjoy!

Slide show of all the pictures:

12 comments:

  1. Just ordered mine, nice review mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't buy this case. Mine dropped on its corner from two feet and the case split at the corner and my phone was damaged. Do not buy this case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, honestly I thought the case would fit a bit tighter. I find it a bit loose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Rearth offered to give me a new case, but then they never did. What a crap company!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another company who tries to market a Skyrocket case that was made for the International version (Galaxy S2 LTE). Just like the SGP cases, the holes don't line up right, the charger plug cap does not fit right, leaves a pointless opening in two corners of the phone, and does not provide a tight enogh fit. ...Granted it is slim which I like. Just wish an American company would have tweaked it to better match the American version since Americans will only have access to this specific model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just got mine. like you said, not sticky, fits awesome, and i like the kiwi green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought this for my Galaxy Player. Fits really well. I am happy with this purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this case!!! Now I just wish they made one for the Samsung Tab2 7.0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luckily, today's markets offer a variety of options in terms of design and materials. Here are a few tips and considerations for buyers looking for good quality, durable and reasonably priced cell phone cases.

    Head Case Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with those customers who said it does not fit the way it should, I found it to be a little loose, in my opinion it's not worth it the $18.99 they charge for it. You could find a better case for a little less than $12

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are super cute. I love your choice. Where i can find it in pink color.? samusung galaxy

    ReplyDelete